Saturday, May 17, 2008

Flight Report!

I couple of weeks ago I flew to Chicago for a friend's wedding. I hadn't flown since just after 9/11, so I was curious about the TSA and other changes.


Above you see the American Airlines check-in area at Terminal Four at LAX. You're supposed to print out your boarding pass (center of picture) before standing in line to hand over your luggage (lower left). I didn't know this of course until going through the line the first time. The seat preference I had requested when buying my ticket online had vanished. I got the last seat on the plane, second to last row, middle seat.

After that, you go up the escalator to stand in another line for security. I put my shoes in this little bin. They passed.


My Boeing 757 approaches the gate, where it is met by Gate Gourmet (make your own joke). Snacks are now for sale rather than "free," at least on a 4 hour flight, which is probably all for the best.

Walking through the "jet bridge" or tunnel thingie that leads into the airplane. The controls look like something from a James Bond movie circa 1962.



The 757 is surprisingly narrow. Once every seat was full it was very much like being on a bus.


Our friendly if harried cabin crew, before and during flight. Some a-hole in the row behind me refused to turn off his cellphone and sassed the flight attendant.



In-flight entertainment. I didn't indulge.




I arrived safe and sound. So did my luggage.

1 comment:

Curly said...

I remember when I went to Smethport with my Dad. He had to put his shoes in a bin, too, which I found hilarious.

I think I still do.

It's funny when you use 'a-hole'. Kinda like when you use 'yeah'. ;) Yeah-hole.